Friday, January 10, 2014

Bullet dodged…

It seems this bullet didn’t have my name on it.

The new lump was scar tissue, no cancer cells found.

 I am fine.

My life is still mine and I don’t have to give it back to the surgeon, the never-ending rotation of charming oncology registrars, the Dexamethasone mania and the Pink Helmet of Doom in the chemo ward.

Not this time, anyway.

MamaFo rang yesterday from her fortified redoubt in the Tramuntana Mountains of Mallorca to chastise me for not updating the blog immediately to let everyone know as soon as I got the good news last week – for which I do sincerely apologise, but things have been a bit fraught, one way and another – and also for writing such a horrible, panicky, frightening blog post in the first place, and scaring everyone half to death.

‘This blog was always about the day to day reality of having cancer, Mother.’ I replied. ‘People who’ve had cancer treatment get scares about it returning every now and then, and the blog post reflected exactly what it feels like to experience that.’

So I’m not going to apologise about that.

But my next post is going to be very cheerful –watch this space.



9 comments:

  1. Wonderful news and a bit of relief for you xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking out at the beautiful sun in my garden and thinking of you HH. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news! Now, is it warm enough to start swimming? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very glad for you Caroline! What a relief. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent and well deserved news!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phew! Dodging bullets is a helluva way to make a livin', isn't it? I've been dancing that dance myself, I got good test results too! Tell MamaFo the lows are very low, highs very high, and THAT'S JUST HOW CANCER ROLLS.
    So happy for you!!! And would you look at us...both of us with good news, and at the same time!!!
    xoxox - and then some,
    Jen


    ReplyDelete
  7. Thrilled. Relieved. Watching this space.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeee eeee eee! So exited and pleased for you.
    C
    xxxx
    PS So is Jecca

    ReplyDelete

Am moderating comments, so please bear with me - I will publish your comment as soon as I can.