Friday, February 15, 2013

Fo (and computer) Redux


Day 68

General status update: both the computer and I have cheered up massively today – the computer repair shop got rid of the virus and saved all my data, and after a few days rest my neutrophils must be regenerating, because I’m starting to feeling somewhat stronger.

I will resume writing the blog properly again tomorrow – thank you for your patience, everyone, except for my old friend Gill who, demonstrating her characteristic level of empathy, said ‘I resent being deprived of my Chemo Nights fix, Fo, so get up off your arse and get back to work, soonest.’

Gill is as terrifying as MamaFo (and another exiled daughter of north Yorkshire, to boot), but considerably nearer, as she lives in Wapping and, like Byron’s Assyrian, is wont to descend unexpectedly upon Gurkha Towers like the wolf on the fold, with her cohorts all gleaming in purple and gold…

I’ll be at my desk first thing in the morning, Gill – I promise.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I think I like Gill! She has attitude..... Glad things are perking up..Glad the computer guy saved the day,,xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna see the cohorts!

    (But I think I enjoy your posting more...)

    Bee

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is good news. It's really disappointing when a virus takes over our computer and ruins every document we have. Thankfully, there's a nearby repair shop that handled your computer problem well and saved all the files you have. It's a total relief.

    Joel Altschuler @ Intolan.com

    ReplyDelete

Am moderating comments, so please bear with me - I will publish your comment as soon as I can.