Thursday, March 14, 2013

FEC the penultimate


Day 95 

General status update: just got fecked again… 

Today was FEC5, my fifth of six doses of the FEC chemotherapy regimen, once every three weeks for 18 weeks. 

It wasn’t without problems, which I won’t bore you with, but we got there - Matron Becky, Nurse Evelyn and me. I am full of chemotherapy drugs, various anti-emetics, and the lovely, whizzy steroids. We all know what will happen next, however – hold on to your seat for days 4-10 of this cycle, as it’s likely to be another bumpy ride.

But I couldn’t write a blog post tonight for reasons which had nothing to do with chemo: other events intervened.

So this is just to say FEC5 is done, I’m all in one piece for the time being, and the next time I go for chemotherapy treatment, in 3 weeks’ time, will be the last.

Hallelujah!


1 comment:

  1. Hallelujah, indeed!
    When I went in for my sixth and final treatment it was with a curious calm: I found myself looking around, taking mental pictures, saying goodbye to the tree just outside the window I had focused on when I could do nothing else, the way the volunteers approached the newbies... So many impressions.
    It was like a painting, with everything quiet and still. It was all there - all of it. But I felt like an observer - at least until my chemo nurse materialized at my side and asked if I was ready...
    I hope to never be a part of that landscape again!

    ReplyDelete

Am moderating comments, so please bear with me - I will publish your comment as soon as I can.