Wednesday, March 20, 2013

World Mum


Day 101 

General status update

Chemo Muse: oh boy, did WE have a night – see below

Despair Demon: got a brief look in as I crashed and wept this morning after a night of steroid euphoria, but R gave me a cuddle and so he returned to his nest in the airing cupboard. Actually, I think he’s getting quite comfortable in there now – it’s roomy and VERY warm, and he’s made a comfy nest of towels.

Nausea demon: weakening – he let me lie in until 6am this morning, and then we had anti-emetic meds, tea and toast together.

Chemo Brian: he’s getting very excited about attending the private view of the David Bowie exhibition at the V&A with us on Friday. R and I are going to be having a rare day out together - accompanied by all my invisible friends, obvs.

Matron Becky: she has metamorphosed overnight into a figure of global significance who will Save the World from Patriarchy – see below

PICC line (deceased): I’m being haunted by a phantom PICC line - its ghost is hanging round my arm, and I keep thinking it’s still in place. Can’t get used to the new freedom.

State of mind: Boy, all these drugs are messing with my head – but at this stage of the chemo cycle that is a far, far better thing than have the chemo drugs messing with my stomach.

Anxiety level (1-10): my partially root-canalled tooth twing(e)ing again this morning, so I’ll be popping into the dentist later on - need I say more?

Hair: is hoping to address its long-term self-esteem problems with the help of the Mother Goddess – see below



Very, very late last night on Twitter.....



I am completely manic and off my head on the steroids - it's like I'm POSSESSED. But in a good way. So strange.
2:58 AM - 20 Mar 13 


Can't sleep, and soon either my brain is going to spontaneously combust or I'm going to start talking to God, I reckon.
  


And it'll be very interesting to hear what She thinks of Her new Pope, for a start.
 
  


@carolinefo I'm here! I'm awake. I'm slightly drunk and I feel like an idiot who just stepped onto court with Rafa Nadal. *waves bat*
3:13 AM - 20 Mar 13 



@PaolaOeste Excellent! I'm eating a Gü Key Lime pie, because The Steroids Want It. I may have another one in a minute..
 



@carolinefo The steroids are right. Limes prevented scurvy in generations of British seamen. It is therefore MEDICINE. In whatever form.
 



@PaolaOeste V.good point. I'd better have the second one, just to be absolutely sure of preventing the sudden onset of scurvy during the night.
3:37 AM - 20 Mar 13 ·



@PaolaOeste You can't be too careful in the circs - scurvy would delay my last dose of chemo, and my oncologist would be FURIOUS.
3:38 AM - 20 Mar 13 · 



@carolinefo COMPLETELY. Vit C is *so* important in cell structure  that, frankly, I'm amazed Gü Key Lime pie isn't handed out to all women
  




@PaolaOeste Yeah, I think we should suggest that to the government. Free Gü Key Lime Pie for all women would be BIG vote winner.
3:51 AM - 20 Mar 13 · 

 · 
  
@carolinefo I am so bloody impressed, btw, by how you have actually managed to change stuff through your blog. You're AMAZING.
3:45 AM - 20 Mar 13 ·


@carolinefo Also, Matron Becky (?) she's basically Batman.
3:45 AM - 20 Mar 13 · 


  
@PaolaOeste Yeah, she's FANTASTIC. I 'm hoping she'll adopt me. I'm older than her, but I don't see why that should stand between us.
3:49 AM - 20 Mar 13 · 



@carolinefo Matron Becky shall be made either New Pope or World Mum. Oh God. Just imagine, 2000 years of silly patriarchy aside, WORLD MUM.
3:56 AM - 20 Mar 13 · 



@PaolaOeste That idea is just FANTASTIC. Matron Becky perfect for World Mum. World Mum would wipe floor with ANY Pope.
3:59 AM - 20 Mar 13 · 



@carolinefo I am actually hugging myself with glee. When World Mum comes to Popetown. *rocks*
3:57 AM 4:00 AM - 20 Mar 13 ·



@carolinefo *freaks out at the idea of World Mum* (I'm imagining my mum here) (aargh)
4:00 AM - 20 Mar 13



@PaolaOeste Ah, but Matron Becky will be the ÜberMum - the Mother Goddess. She will not tell you your hair looks bad.
4:01 AM - 20 Mar 13 · 



@carolinefo *weeps* my crap, fine, unstyleable hair shall be accepted!



@PaolaOeste Mine too! Mine Too! Even the chemo didn't want my hair..
4:06 AM - 20 Mar 13 · 



@carolinefo I am basically *sucking* my fine hair into my head by willpower so yours will stay. *does lemon face*
  



@PaolaOeste that is very, very supportive of you. Still holding my breath in case it goes after dose 6.
  


  
@carolinefo I'm ready to build idols and make bonfires for World Mum Becky.
4:04 AM - 20 Mar 13 · 


@PaolaOeste Yes!!! She Shall Rule!
4:06 AM - 20 Mar 13 · Details


  
@PaolaOeste Now wondering how to explain disappearance of BOTH Gü Key Lime Pies to R tomorrow. Will say Mother Goddess told me to do it.
4:05 AM - 20 Mar 13 · 



@carolinefo But the Patriarchy would have had you utterly powerless. World Mum empowered you to nourish yourself. NO FRICKIN CONTEST.
4:07 AM - 20 Mar 13 



I think I might have to lie down now @PaolaOeste going a bit woozy xxx
4:14 AM - 20 Mar 13 · 



@carolinefo Sleep well, darls. World Mum will take care of you. xx
4:15 AM - 20 Mar 13 · 





1 comment:

  1. This conversation is genius and made me laugh out loud. Also desperate for Key Lime Pie. x

    ReplyDelete

Am moderating comments, so please bear with me - I will publish your comment as soon as I can.