Friday, April 12, 2013

Wisteria attached


Day 124 

General status update
FEC cycle 6, day 9


Fatigue/weakness: OK, I overdid it yesterday. Bone weary again today. So weak. I wonder how long it will be before I can wake up early, spring out of bed, put on my trainers and march to Barnes Bridge and back?

Nausea demon: 6am start – good; made me VERY nauseous – WTF? It hasn’t been this bad for a while. Mystifying at this stage in the last chemo cycle.

Despair Demon: expressing himself only through muffled banging noises from the airing cupboard right now; give it up, dude, we’re not letting you out any time soon.

Chemo Muse: she says she is perfectly confident of continuing to be around once the Dexys have gone – ‘I have other sources of power’. Hmmm. I wonder if she has discovered the secret to Spontaneous In-Brain Dexy Production. That would be good.

Chemo Brian: Have been telling him that when he comes with me to my Camel Barn in the Aegean next month, there will be not one but FOUR big comfy sofas to choose from – he is beyond excited.

State of mind: thinking about wisteria, mostly (see below),

Anxiety level/insane euphoria (+/- 1-10,000): you can’t be anxious, thinking about wisteria.


I got an email last night from my friend Dor in Ayvalik with the subject heading Wisteria attached’. When I opened it there was a photo of the wisteria in her garden, which has just come into flower, to remind me of what I have to look forward to when I get to the Aegean in just over 3 weeks’ time:
  




 Oh, my.

Today I’m not thinking or writing about cancer or chemo or any of that stuff. Enough. I’m tired.

I’m just anticipating the wisteria.

3 comments:

  1. CFo canim.... REST !!!!!! it is ok if you don't go outside every day... Please, we all want you to be able to get on the plane! xo

    ReplyDelete

  2. It isn't just the Wisteria, Caroline - tho admittedly is absolutely glorious! That's your Chemo Muse - and yes, she'll be around. At the moment she's Wisteria.
    Go with it.
    xxx Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't you just smell the flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Am moderating comments, so please bear with me - I will publish your comment as soon as I can.